Flu jab service in Maidenhall
Find a clinic that offers the free NHS flu jab in Maidenhall as well as the private flu vaccination service. The flu virus can easily spread from person to person. The most effective way to protect yourself and those around you is by getting the flu jab. The impact of COVID-19 on our national health service and the social services are known to us all and with the winter approaching, we might be faced with the combined risk of coronavirus and flu. By getting the flu vaccine and following national guidelines, we can help to reduce the spread of flu and subsequently, reduce flu-related hospital admissions.
How does the flu jab service work
- Book your flu jab online or visit your nearest Avicenna pharmacy.
- Our pharmacists will have a short consultation with you to ensure that the vaccine is suitable for you.
- You will usually receive the vaccination during the same appointment once the suitability is checked.
The free NHS flu jab service at Avicenna Pharmacy
The NHS offers free vaccination to patient groups that are at a higher risk of developing complications due to flu. We at Avicenna pharmacy may be able to offer you free NHS flu vaccinations if you are aged 65 or over (or will turn 65 by 31st of March 2021, or if you are aged 18 or over and you:
You’re eligible for a FREE NHS flu vaccine if:
- Are pregnant
- Have diabetes
- Have asthma (using a preventer inhaler), COPD or other long term lung condition.
- Have a long term heart condition.
- Have a liver or kidney disease.
- Have a learning disability.
- Are severely overweight with a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 40 or above.
- Have a neurological condition, such as Parkinson’s disease.
- Have a weak immune system or live with someone that has a weak immune system due to a medical condition, medication or treatment.
- Care for someone whose welfare may be at risk in case you are ill.
- Work as a frontline health or social care worker within a residential or nursing home, a hospice or work for a care home provider.
- Are a resident of a nursing or long-stay residential home.
- Are aged 50-64 (the free NHS flu jab is available later in the year, the private flu jab is available now).
The above list is a basic guide, your eligibility for the free NHS flu jab will be assessed by the pharmacy team. You can find more information on the NHS website.
What if you are not eligible for the free NHS flu jab?
If you are not eligible for the free NHS flu jab service then we also provide a private flu jab service at competitive prices. You will have a short consultation with one of our pharmacists and if suitable they will administer the flu vaccine at the same appointment. You can book an appointment online for a private flu jab now or visit your local Avicenna pharmacy branch.
Find other flu jab clinics in Luton area.